Thursday, November 19, 2009

MOMS night out!

Last night we (my MOMS group) went to Village Inn for our first night out. We took an eight week class so to speak, and now we are venturing out on our own to form a network of support for ourselves both spiritually, and socially.

Plus it was free pie night!

Anyway, we really had a fun time getting to know each other better.

MOMS stands for Ministry Of Mothers Sharing. It's a program that allows you to form a support group of sorts for you and other moms to help you get through life's joys and disappointments. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that I'm not alone in my struggles.

As a catholic mom, it's easy to feel the guilt of my failures. I feel a strong need to lead my children into their faith and teach them by example. But when I feel like I'm on my own, it's much harder to hold myself to the standard I want to achieve. My husband is very much there, but he doesn't know what it's like to be a stay home parent. I'm very glad to have my catholic community (especially my MOMS) there to suppport me.

For that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it clean, folks...