Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Housework

Blech. Why must I sweep my floor ten billion times a day? Why is there always a stack of dirty dishrags on the back of my sink? Why is the pasta pot always dirty on the stove? Why is the bathroom rug always slightly damp?

Well, I have many children. It takes many meals to feed six children, and I feed them five times a day. I do a lot of dishes! We love noodles, and "bath day" is quite a romp around here. So, I deal with lots of dirty dishes, and lots of laundry.

I do on average, four loads of laundry a day.

I do a load and a half of dishes a day, plus pots.

I sweep the kitchen floor three times a day, at least.

And we are always out of towels.

Is that frustrating? Um...yeah. But it's what I do. As a layperson in the church, my calling is to live as a married woman. We feel that it's financially better and just better for my family to stay home. So I look after my family. I cook, clean, sew on buttons (when I remember) and try to keep on top of the laundry.

I just needed to remind myself why it's important to go sweep. Again. And fold the mountain of laundry on my couch. Again. And go load the dishwasher. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it clean, folks...