Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School!

Ok, not for a week or so, but there is a lot of excitement around here.

My 12 year old has been asking about shopping for supplies for a good 2 weeks (even before vacation!) and we finally got them over the weekend. Three different stores and about 10 shopping bags later, and we still have to buy paper towels, bleach wipes and tissues. Yeesh!

We got the uniforms out of the way; with the oldest needing a whole new set, thankfully the others only needed a few items to fill out the stash. Now we have to stock up on socks and underwear. This is the one time of year when everyone gets a full new set of underwear and socks. Except mom and dad, of course. We need to stock up on navy kneehighs as well!

The other exciting thing about this year's back to school, is I may be starting back to work full time outside the home for the first time in over eight years, not counting my part time stint as a grocery store cashier. I'm both nervous and excited, and a little scared about this possibility, and I don't even really know if I want to pursue it, but it's there and my husband and family are excited, as well. It's as a preschool teacher, which would mean I would be able to be there with my children, and my son would get his pre-k schooling while I would be able to make a little extra cash. It would be a pay cut, but I would have my foot in the door, and next year, when my son is in all day kindergarten, I would be making more and already have my job search out of the way.

I've applied to a few places, but one Christian based center is really standing out to me. Anyone out there reading this, I would appreciate some prayers for discernment for me this week! If offered the job, it really depends on the pay if I accept or not. Eek! The suspense is almost too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it clean, folks...